Feature request

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Hello all!
So I was thinking of a few things that I ink would make a great addition to the software.
-an option to point at the directory where the presets file is
-an option that will keep the pc from going to sleep
-drag and drop folders
-option to delete file after a successful encode
-ability to choose a directory and to choose the file type to look for. So when I point it to a directory I want it to ignore all the mp4s in it, just look at everything else: avi, mkv, etc...
-ability to see the files completed in the last queue; right now, when they finish they drop off the list, and the window below with the results tab is constantly changing, so it is really hard to see anything on the top of it.
-ability to see the complete name of a file on the list. if the folder structure names are too long, you are unable to see which file you're actually looking at. a tool tip when you hover above the file or something similar would be great! Image

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97261288@N05/9627359377/

Anyway, just a few thoughts. if any of these seem unclear, please let me know so I can explain it better....!
Thanks for the great software!
AR
Sep 5, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Just thought of another feature which would be useful.
-action after queue completion: shut down, hibernate, close hb encoder, or do nothing.
This way if we leave a bunch of files overnight we can have the comp shut off if we need to, etc.

Thanks!
AR
Sep 11, 2013 at 7:26 PM
One more request:
is it possible to do a "pause batch" instead of just "cancel batch"? sometimes I want to pause because of the process being so CPU intensive and would like to momentarily do something else, without having to deal too much with the sluggishness that sometimes comes with some of these CPU intensive tasks. Anyway, when you cancel, whichever file is being processed does not stay on the list to either be completed or started again. once you start again, you basically need to add the file again that was being processed at the moment. A pause seemed like a nice addition.
Another solution to the same problem would be for HB Encoder to log which file it was working on and add that file to the list if it was not completed...
Just a thought!
Thanks again!
AR
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Yes I can put that in when I fix the long standing isue of th new Handbrake version.
It i not possible to pause a fileduring conversion but I would be possible delete the partially
created file and only delete the file from the list after a successful convertion.

I will try and have a look at thse issues over the next two weeks.

Kind regards

Steve

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Excellent! Sounds much better than what I was thinking!
Thanks for such quick response...

AR
Sep 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM
And in a shocking twist to this developing saga: ANOTHER feature request... (is it just me or am I becoming... needy...?

What about the possibility to convert spaces to dashes/underscores before processing. This way, if one accidentally adds files that contain spaces it won't crash after you press start? this may not be the most decent solution, but without know how anything works, it is all I can think of...
Thanks!
AR